“There’s no place like home” cliché as it may seem, but it holds dear to us. A home is a place where we can call it a sanctuary – a place to unwind from a long and tiring day. However, a home will never be called such if you are not proud of it. Yes, there must be an attachment for you to appreciate your home. And one of the many ways you can do is through decorating it.
Every homeowner can have a beautiful and well-decorated home whether they are living in Amaia Scapes Laguna or any other real estate in the Philippines. But let’s face it! Decorating your home can sometimes be daunting and challenging. Obviously, you have to think about what and what not to do before anything else. And that is one reason why most homeowners lost their motivation when beautifying their home.
And if you are one of those homeowners who just lost their inspiration to do some home decorating, then this article may help you with that matter. Who knows? All you need is a little push! Well, below are some quotes from the experts that may bring back the attachment you have for your home.
1. “Have nothing in your home that you don’t know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.”
2. “Make your home as comfortable and attractive as possible and then get on with living. There’s more to life than decorating.”
3. “If you are comfortable in your home, everyone else will be too. That sense of authenticity is what gives a home its soul.”
– Courtnay Daniels Haden-
4. “We don’t believe in moving to a new place and replicating the one you left behind. Where’s the fun in that?”
5. “If you love something, it will work. That’s the only real rule.”
6. “A room should ever allow the eye to settle in one place. It should smile at you and create fantasy.”
7. “Your home should tell the story of who you are, and be a collection of what you love.”
8. “Serious is a word that must be avoided when it comes to decoration.”
-Kathryn M. Ireland-
9. “The question of what you want to own is actually the question of how you want to live your life.”
10. “Be faithful to your own taste, because nothing you really like is ever out of style.”
11. “Decorating golden rule: Live with what you love.”
12. “If you wait until you have enough money to decorate and make your home your own, it will never happen. If you wait until you can afford to buy everything new, you are missing the point. It is the old, the new, the hand-me-down, the collected, the worn but loved things in your home that make it your own.”
13. “Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is.”
14. “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep.”
15. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
-Leonardo Da Vinci-
16. “Home is the nicest word there is.”
-Laura Ingalls Wilder-
17. “Behind every attractive room, there should be a very good reason.”
18. “Our home tells a story about us, so we may as well take the opportunity to make it a stylish one.”
19. “Less is more. Texture is essential as well as scale.”
20. “The best decisions are always made at the last minute. Just know what the last minute is.
Yes, there are just times we don’t feel like decorating our home at all. And believe me, there are thousands of us here share the same sentiments as you do. But the real question is, would you dare to have and live a lifeless home? I bet, not!