There are many wonderful places around the Philippines where it would be nice to live in and most of the time, key areas that are more popular places to settle down in are easily identifiable. While Metro Manila and other southern Luzon provinces are often popular choices in Luzon, Cebu and Davao are key cities in Visayas and Davao, respectively.
These key areas in Luzon and Visayas have long been at the top of the list for people who are looking to move into and live in another location, but Mindanao is a relatively uncharted territory. Still, Mindanao is not all rebels and conflict, and Davao is the perfect model of a place anyone would want to live in. Below are some of the reasons why you may want to consider living in this city down south.
- Great mix of urban and rural lifestyle. Davao, just like a lot of provinces around the Philippines, offers a relatively laidback and relaxed lifestyle typical of rural areas. However, do not let this fool you into thinking that there is no urban aspect to Davao. Over the years, this province has grown to be urbanized while maintaining its old rural charm. You can even choose to live in a condominiums in Davao if that is the kind of lifestyle that you want to have. No matter what you prefer, you will find something that is just right in this province.
- Affordable cost of living. Despite being an urbanized area, Davao has maintained its affordable cost of living that is typical in most provinces. This means living in Davao will translate to less expense and more savings.
- Safe and secure. Despite the bad raps that Mindanao gets for all the conflict in some of its parts, Davao has upheld its reputation for safety and security. Aside from adequate emergency response units and world-class hospitals, Davao has also enjoyed the leadership of strong individuals who are not afraid to uphold the law and to implement rules and policies that will benefit a lot of people.
- World-class beach resorts. Living in Davao means not just enjoying the mix of urban and rural elements; it also means having world-class beach resorts just a few minutes away in Samal Island. Whether you are a tourist of a resident of Davao, these beach resorts are places that must be visited.
- Rich environment. Davao is home to a still lush and rich environment. This is where you will find the tallest mountain in the Philippines, Mount Apo, and the biggest eagle, the majestic Philippine Eagle.