MakatiCity is one of the major financial, commercial and economic hubs in Asia. With over 3,000 finance-related institutions and approximately 62,300 plus establishments that include 48 shopping centers or malls, 472 banks, 47 embassies, 40 consulates, and 20 international organizations to name a few, not only is it known for being a primary cultural and entertainment hub in Metro Manila, its Central Business District (CBD) is also considered as the undisputed business capital of the Philippines.
What Five-Star Hotels Can Be Found In The Makati Central Business District
There are about 100+ hotels in the city. Here are the ones rated as five-stars which are both found in the the Makati Central Business District.
1. Makati Shangri-la Hotel.
- Facts and Information. Located at Ayala corner Makati Avenue, it is within walking distance of the Ayala and Greenbelt shopping centers and about 20 minutes away from NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport).
- Accommodation and Room Amenities. Check-in time starts at 2PM and check-out is at noon. Its 696 guestrooms are some of the largest in Manila ranging from 38-44 square meters (Superior and Deluxe) to 312 square meters (Presidential Suite). Each has a 37-inch flat screen LDC TV, complimentary access to Wi-fi, broadband internet and telephone/voice mail, a 24-hour in-room dining feature, a mini bar and tea/coffee-making facility.
- Facilities and Services. They have fully-equipped health club, outdoor swimming pool, outdoor floodlit tennis courts, sauna and steam room, hot and cold Jacuzzis and spa and massage facilities. They also offer airport transfers, complimentary shoeshine service, hair and beauty salon, same day laundry and valet as well as travel and tour desk service.
- Awards. A recipient of numerous global and local awards, they were recently recognized for:
- Best Business Hotel in Manila by Business Traveller (Asia Pacific) from 2009 to 2013
- Top 20 Best Hotels in Southeast Asia by Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice from 2010 to 2013
- One of the 500 Best Hotels in the World by Travel + Leisure “T+L 500” (USA) from 2010 to 2014
- Top 5 Luxury Hotels in the Philippines by TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice on 2013
- Best Eco Initiative for a Hotel by Asiarooms.com on 2013
2. The Peninsula Manila.
- Facts and Information. Located at Ayala corner Makati Avenue, it is close to Makati Stock Exchange, Ayala Center, Ayala Museum, PSE (Philippine Stock Exchange) and World Trade Center Manila.
- Accommodation and Room Features. Check-in and check-out times are the same as Makati Shangri-la which are 2PM and noon respectively. Aside from the complimentary Internet access, guests can enjoy features such as direct-dial phone, LCD TV, ref and minibar, and luxurious bathrooms with separate bathtubs, showers and make-up/shaving mirrors.
- Facilities. In addition to a full-service spa, they feature an outdoor pool, children’s pool, health club, sauna and steam rooms. Dining options include Pool Snack Bar, Room Service, Old Manila, Escolta, Spices, The Lobby, Salon de Ning, The Bar and The Peninsula Boutique. Business amenities consist of a business center, a technology helpdesk and secretarial services whereas their event venues consist of conference, meeting rooms and a ballroom.
- Accolades. There were several prestigious international accolades awarded to the hotel. The recent three are:
- Top 25 Hotels in the Philippines by TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice (USA) on January 2013
- Top Business Hotel in Manila by Finance Asia Business Travel Poll on December 2012
- Best Business Hotel in Manila by Business Traveller Asia (Hongkong) on October 2012