Picnics are wonderful wholesome activities that can be enjoyed by everyone. Whether you are with family, friends, coworkers, or your special someone, a picnic can be very refreshing and fun. Some people may think that there are limited options when going for a picnic if you are living in Metro Manila but there are quite a few that you can try. Below are some of these places in and around Metro Manila.
- La Mesa Ecopark. This eco-park that is located in Quezon City’s watershed is a trendy place for outdoor and nature activities. There are chairs, tables, and kubos for rent to make things more convenient for picnic-goers. Free barbequing facilities are also available for those who prefer to do some cooking right there. You can also enjoy the pools if you want to go swimming as well. Other activities you can do are horseback riding, boating, and rappelling.
- Nuvali. Ayala’s Nuvali in Sta Rosa, Laguna, Philippines is becoming quite famous for the wide array of activities and establishments that it offers. This community has residences, offices, schools, and commercial areas, all of these while promoting eco-living. It has fantastic areas where you can have a picnic, and you can enjoy other activities also such as biking, bird watching, watching an outdoor movie, and fish feeding, among others. It is quite easy to learn how to get to Nuvali; directions that you can quickly find online are simple enough to follow. Just click here to know more.
- Tagaytay Picnic Grove. When you mention picnic and Tagaytay, Picnic Grove is often the first thing to come to mind. Tagaytay, which is just beyond Cavite, actually has several places where you can go on a picnic but the Picnic Grove is probably the most popular because of its expansive green grassy area and an amazing view of the Taal volcano.
- UP Diliman. Despite being located right smack in Quezon City, the Diliman campus of the University of the Philippines has several picnic ground options for you. The popularity of these is the Sunken Garden where a lot of people go for a picnic especially during weekends. Another option is the Lagoon area which is more secluded and intimate.
- Luneta. Do not discount this old park in Manila. Filled with historical significance, you can extend your picnic into an immersion in the history of the Philippines which is especially useful if you have kids with you.